The most effective treatment
WHAT IS BOTOX
Botox is the trade name of Botulinum Toxin and is the most popular anti-aging treatment in Cosmetic Dermatology, for the elimination of facial expression wrinkles. Botox is also used for neck wrinkles and for enhancing the facial shape. Apart from its cosmetic use, Botox is used in a variety of medical conditions, such as hyperhidrosis, blepharospasm, migraine and many more.
Botox is one of the most popular treatments, as it is a minimally invasive procedure, with immediate and spectacular results. It is an easy, fast and painless procedure, after which you can return immediately to your daily activities.
Botox is done with small intramuscular injections, targeting the muscles that we want to render less active and make them relax. Botox is acting, by reducing the transmission of nerve impulses to them.
When it is done correctly, from experienced Dermatologists or Plastic Surgeons, it does not paralyze the muscles, but relaxes them and makes you look younger, without altering the face’s natural features and expressiveness.
The areas where Botox injections are applied for the treatment of wrinkles are the following:
- Botox for forehead wrinkles (surprise wrinkles)
- Botox for glabellar lines (anger wrinkles)
- Botox for eye wrinkles (crow’s feet)
- Botox for neck wrinkles (nefertiti lift)
- Botox for décolletage wrinkles
- Botox for eyebrow lift
- Botox for nose wrinkles (bunny lines)
- Botox for correction of gummy smile
- Botox for mouth and lip wrinkles (smoker’s lines)
- Botox for lifting mouth corners (marionette lines)
- Stay upright and do not lie down, for 4 hours after having your Botox.
- Do not rub the injected area, immediately after your treatment and for the next day.
- Do not apply heat to the treated area for 3 days. The day of your Botox treatment, avoid using very hot water on your face or having a sauna bath.
- Avoid intense physical exercise for 3 days after Botox.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and taking aspirin for 3 days after Botox
- Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic is the most advanced and modern Aesthetic Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Clinic. On a daily basis, our expert Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons, perform numerous cosmetic Botox treatments, as well as, Botox treatments for medical conditions too, such as as hyperhidrosis and migraines.
- Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic uses only officially approved Botox and you will receives your Botox product’s barcode, which ensures authenticity.
- We treat daily patients, who come to have treatments with us, from all over Greece and abroad and the treatments are exclusively administered by our medical team, which consists of doctors with many years of professional experience and expertise in Greece and abroad. This guarantees, the effectiveness of your therapy and excellent results.
- Dr Zografou, who is the Leading Doctor in Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic, is an Internationally recognized Expert in the field of Aesthetic Dermatology and Surgery and she is invited all over the world to present her results and teach other doctors. Every year, Dr. Zografou performs approximately 2500 Botox treatments for her International patients (London, Athens). She focuses on professional competence, care and high quality standards and she is obsessed, about delivering the very best natural looking results to her patients. Your face will immediately look more relaxed, youthful, wrinkle-free and most important will be absolutely natural, without compromising your expressiveness.
- In Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic, we take the time to provide you with detailed, competent and realistic advice and we are offering the highest quality medical services, in affordable prices.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Botox treatment painful?
The discomfort during the application is minimal and in fact some patients do not feel any pain at all or others describe it as “mosquito bites”. If the patient wishes, we can apply a local anaesthetic cream before the treatment, which eliminates any discomfort. Immediately after the treatment, one may return to his/her daily activities.
Does Botox have side effects?
No. In the hands of an experienced Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon, Botox has no side effects. Some slight bruising may occur in the area of injections sometimes, but it will disappear in a couple of days.
How long do the effects of Botox last?
For most of the patients, they last for 4-6 months. Botox injections need to be repeated, usually 2-3 times a year. It is clinically proven that when the treatment is being regular, it has a longer lasting effect.
Is Botox less effective over the years?
No. On the contrary, when Botox is being regularly repeated, its effect lasts longer and the wrinkles stay smooth for longer. It is also better, if we begin its application when the first expression wrinkles appear, in order to prevent these wrinkles from getting deeper and become permanent.
What is the most appropriate age for someone to begin Botox?
This always depends on the skin’s quality and differs from case to case. It is also depends, if a patient’s face is less or more expressive. It is always better, if Botox treatments begin before the wrinkles become permanent. Medical studies have shown that Botox prevents the appearance of wrinkles, if treatment begins at a younger age (28-30 years old).
Will my face get emotionless?
No. When Botox is applied by an expert doctor, it enhances your natural beauty and facial features, without compromising your expressiveness. A few days after botox treatment, facial wrinkles gradually disappear, while normal facial expression remains unaffected.
When someone decides to stop the treatment, do wrinkles get worse?
No, under no circumstances. What happens is the exactly the opposite. Botox prevents further and deeper wrinkle formation, because during the treatment period, the muscles have reduced activity.
Are there cheaper substitutes?
The authorized products are Botox Allergan and Dysport Ipsen. Anything else may be of suspicious origin, illegal, with uncertain results and potentially dangerous to your health. You should always make sure, an authorized product is used for your treatment.
Approved Botox products should only be used in certified Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Clinics and by a Dermatologist or a Plastic Surgeon. Be cautious about cheap prices and therapies taking place in hairdressing – cosmetic salons, Beauty centers etc. as it is likely that in these cases, the quality and origin of the substance might be dubious and harmful.
COST – PRICES
The cost of Botox treatment depends on the area (the number and depth of the wrinkles) and the units of the product, which will be necessary.
The cost of treating an area begins at 80 euros and the cost of full-face therapy at 250 euros.
When I found Dr Zografou and I saw that she had been trained at Oxford University, I decided to visit her. I immediately built trust on her, after the consultation we had...
At the age of 40, I wanted to do sth for my face, as I didn’t like my wrinkles. My first thought was Botox, but I was afraid that my face will be distorted and look odd...More Testimonials
I visited the Clinic and the doctor surprised me. She is amazing, cooperative and very friendly. The Clinic is very modern and luxurious...
One of my colleagues came to Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic for Botox treatment and I really liked her result. I was thinking for a long time, to do something about...More Testimonials
I realized in our appointment the passion for her job and her desire to always have the best results. I feel very lucky that I found such a great doctor...
Since young age, I was an over-expressive person and that resulted in two deep wrinkles between the eyebrows. I read an article for Dr Zografou about her Botox...More Testimonials
Baby Botox is the favorite treatment of actresses, singers and models, who must have a wrinkle-free face, but at the same time, must maintain their expressions.
Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition, characterized by excessive sweat secretion, which makes the patient’s daily life difficult, both at work and socially.
The use of Botox has proven very effective for those who suffer from chronic migraines and experience migraines for more than 15 days a month.
Sign-up for our newsletter
and be the first to receive our latest offers and news