Botox for Μigraines
Stop the headache,
without taking pills
WHAT IS BOTOX FOR MIGRAINES?
Botox’s effectiveness for headaches, discovered in the early 1990s, when it was noticed that people with migraines, experienced significant improvement after they had Botox treatments for cosmetic reasons, which led doctors to study these results further. In 2010, the FDA in the United States approved the use of Botox, as a treatment for chronic migraine.
The use of Botox for migraines has also recently been approved in Greece and has proven effective for those who suffer from chronic migraines and experience migraines for more than 15 days a month. Migraine, unlike the common headache, is a chronic neurological condition, having as its main symptom the intense pain, most commonly located to one side of the head. This pain can be felt on the forehead, the top of head, the back part of the head or the back part of the neck.
It inhibits the release of a neuropeptide (acetylcholine) and stops the transmission of nerve stimuli to the muscles, causing muscle relaxation and decreased muscle movement.
It has been observed that migraines occur due to nerve stimulation, because of the contraction of the muscles, through which these nerves pass. Therefore by injecting Botox, we relax the muscles and stop their contraction, which in turn will inhibit the nerve stimulation. The effects of the treatment are evident within 5 – 7 days, after injecting Botox and last for 3 – 4 months.
Botox treatment is applied in the area of the head that is affected by pain, for example the forehead, the back part of the head or the neck.
Botox is applied to the side where the headache is located, but should also be applied to the opposite side, even if the patient’s migraine is not felt there. This prevents migraine, from occurring on the opposite side of the head or neck. Therefore, the treatment should always be applied symmetrically.
Botox treatment for migraines should be repeated at more regular intervals, compared to Botox for cosmetic treatments.
Once Botox treatment proves to be effective for the patient, it is necessary to be repeated every 3 – 4 months (3 – 4 treatments per year).
- Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic is the most advanced and modern Aesthetic Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Clinic. On a daily basis, our expert Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons, perform numerous cosmetic Botox treatments, as well as, Botox treatments for medical conditions too, such as as hyperhidrosis and migraines.
- Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic uses only officially approved Botox and you will receives your Botox product’s barcode, which ensures authenticity.
- We treat daily patients, who come to have treatments with us, from all over Greece and abroad and the treatments are exclusively administered by our medical team, which consists of doctors with many years of professional experience and expertise in Greece and abroad. This guarantees, the effectiveness of your therapy and excellent results.
- Dr Zografou, who is the Leading Doctor in Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic, is an Internationally recognized Expert in the field of Aesthetic Dermatology and Surgery and she is invited all over the world to present her results and teach other doctors. Every year, Dr. Zografou performs approximately 2500 Botox treatments for her International patients (London, Athens). She focuses on professional competence, care and high quality standards and she is obsessed, about delivering the very best natural looking results to her patients. Your face will immediately look more relaxed, youthful, wrinkle-free and most important will be absolutely natural, without compromising your expressiveness.
- In Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic, we take the time to provide you with detailed, competent and realistic advice and we are offering the highest quality medical services, in affordable prices.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Botox the ideal solution for your migraines?
The answer is yes, if:
- You have chronic migraine (more than 15 days a month)
- You do not want to take medication for your migraine or you experienced side effects from taking pills
- If you prefer the convenience of a visit once every 3 months that it will keep you pain free, instead of taking medication daily.
COST – PRICES
Call us or book a free consultation with our doctors to get informed.
BOTOX FOR MIGRAINES
The amazing thing is that my headaches have worn off, as the doctor told me, although I didn’t believe it at first. Dr Zografou is excellent in her work...
I visited this Clinic to have anti-aging Botox and the result is incredible! It seems natural, as I haven’t lost my facial expressions and I didn’t hurt at all...More Testimonials
BOTOX FOR MIGRAINES
I decided to try this technique with the botox treatment and I really feel like I made the right choice. If I only knew that earlier. Thank you very much, Dr. Zografou...
The Botox for migraines was a great relief for me, as I could not work properly, because of the daily pain. I had visited many doctors specializing in my problem,...More Testimonials
BOTOX FOR MIGRAINES
Her scientific training and experience has been evident, since our first appointment. Now I have no migraines, while Dr Zografou has won another loyal patient...
When I heard about this treatment, I did not believe it. My friend informed me that she had Botox in this Clinic for this problem and that it worked...More Testimonials
Baby Botox is the favorite treatment of actresses, singers and models, who must have a wrinkle-free face, but at the same time, must maintain their expressions.
Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition, characterized by excessive sweat secretion, which makes the patient’s daily life difficult, both at work and socially.
Botox is the trade name of Botulinum Toxin and is the most popular anti-aging treatment in Cosmetic Dermatology for elimination of facial expressions.
Sign-up for our newsletter
and be the first to receive our latest offers and news